To the Old Boathouse Stores website and online shop.
The Stores are open from March to November each year and the online shop is available all year. Opening times.
In house we stock most of what you will need for a stay here: Gifts, Clothes, Newspapers and Magazines, Beachware, Fishing Tackle, Groceries, Beers, Wines and much, much more.
Sennen Cove Tides - May 25th. Low: 08:50 High: 14:40 Low: 21:12
New gin! We have taken delivery of our most local gin yet - Caspyn Gin from Long Rock just the other side of Penzance. Original and cucumber infused version.
Our 2017 Collection for the Douglas Woolcock charity raised £450, thank you all very much. For 2018 we will continue to collect in supporting the Douglas Woolcock Fund helping sick and infirm with mobility to appointments.
New products in our Cornish/Cove section - tin accessory box with our local artist's design on the top.
Follow us on Twitter @TheOldBoathous1
Wass On Page
At last a page dedicated to what is going on in Cornwall for your delectation. See the link under Store Information on the left of this page.
- Visit Cornwall's links to current events
- Sennen and Sennen Cove events
For more details go to our Wass On page
Eat Well - Eat Local
At The Old Boathouse Stores
Cornwall continues to build on it's reputation as a centre of excellence for quality local produce.
Here at The Old Boathouse you can share in this wealth as we start to expand our range for the season. Here's just some of our seasonally stocked Cornish and local goodies.
- Salad vegetables, local in season
- Cornish early new potatoes from Trevere Farm in Sennen (in season)
- Local potatoes
- Variety of meats from Mr Olds
- Cornish milk, butter and cheese
- Cornish Blue and Yarg cheeses
- Rodda's Clotted Cream
- Curds & Croust Cornish Camembert, Brie and Truffle Brie
- Preserves and chutneys from Sisley's
- Fudge bags
- POPTI savoury biscuits
- Cornish dukkah dipping sand
- Cornish peanut butter NEW for 2018
- Cornish tea - yes really, from the Tregothnan Estate
Drink Well - Drink Cornish Gin
At The Old Boathouse Stores
As well as having some of the best food in the country, Cornwall is also producing some of the best gins and spirits, too..
The Old Boathouse is proud of its range of Cornish gin. As well as stocking "the best gin in the world", Tarquin's Navy Strength we also have a fire cracker of a gin, Staffords.
Staffords, along with Aval Dor vodka is distilled from Cornish potatoes. I can affirm that the vodka is the closest thing you can find to Irish Poteen and the gin, straight from a very cold fridge, is a gin you will remember for a very long time. Here is what we have.
- Tarquin Original 35cl & 70cl bottles
- Helston Rock Samphire Gin 70cl
- Caspyn Gin - from Long Rock, Penzance
- Helston Gin Cup - a take on Pimms but better (in our opinion)
- Staffords Gin - from the fridge and neat
- Aval Dor vodka - vodka at the top of its class
- St Ives Cider - farmhouse, dry and medium>/li>
- Cornish Beer - Doom Bar, Skinners, Rebel, Cornish Pilsner
Fresh Fish now available to order.
Marine Stewardship Council certified CORNISH HAKE as well as pollack, megrim sole, sardines, John Dory, lemon sole, monk fish, haddock and many more in season fish.
An extensive range of other fresh fish can be ordered for next day collection (except Sunday). Most fish is sourced locally and the crab & lobster is from Sennen Cove, in season. Cuts and sizes prepared to your requirements.
Drop in and ask about our fish. You may be surprised how easy it is.
Sample easy fish recipes available, full instructions for cooking and picking crab and lobster and we can even lend you a pot to cook it in when ordering from us.
A day on the beach? Come in and stock up:
- Range of good value wetsuits
- Beach tents with 50 UV protection
- Beach mats
- Beach blankets with waterproof backing
- Shorts, swimsuits, bikinis, tankinis and swim shorts for all ages
- Beach towels
- Cheapest range of buckets and spades in The Cove